• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Spring Arbs Part One

>
> KMPS, KOMO and (what's this??) - KJR-FM - - biggest gainers
> thusfar!

KCMS: Further proof that Jesus saves.

KQBZ: No erectile dysfunction here.

KLSY: Uh-oh, the Mix curse again...

KPTK: Out of the delivery room and ICU, but has colic.

KWJZ: As steady as a Dave Koz solo.

KJR-FM: With a firm identity as Rock-N-Roll's Greatest Hits (instead of the increasingly inaccurate "Super Hits Of The '60s and '70s") finally established, it's finally getting noticed. It does sound a lot better than the first few years they relaunched KJR-FM.

KISM: In the last couple books, KISM has finally appeared on the Seattle ratings and it's a pretty fringe signal, sandwiched between 92.5 and 93.3. So in some areas of Seattle, some people are making an effort to pick them up. Could they be doing something right up there in Bellingham?

KTTH: Continuing the waning trend of conservative talk radio across America, KTTH too continues it's steady decline, as with KVI. Maybe it's time to quit blaming liberals or 9/11 for everything that's gone wrong and figure this one out for themselves. Seems some people are starting to like KQBZ and KIRO and all their liberal filth. Disturbing, isn't it?

KDDS: I just saw a La Gran "D" 1210 AM window sticker on my way off the freeway the other day. And another one yesterday. Seems like they're just starting to pick up steam in the Northwest Latino community. I just set up an outdoor AM antenna for a Mexican friend so he could hear a better daytime signal from KDDS at his home in Mount Vernon. The news of it's sign on was nearly instant locally and lots of Hispanic people I knew were suddenly asking me how they could get better AM reception. They're very familiar with Bustos Media and Bustos' radio stations seem VERY popular. So I think 1210 is on to something. But they have got to do something about their signal. It's very faint and noisy up here for 27,000 watts....

>
<P ID="signature">______________
"Never keep up with the Jones's. Drag them down to your level" - Quentin Crisp

[email protected]

</P><P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by mevans on 06/04/05 12:13 AM.</FONT></P>

Hang on radio brethren: search deep within the numbers
to find the truth. Iknowitall is on a roll:

1. JACK to do well. This was the last trend for
KRQI. The next two will tell the beginning of the JACK
story.

2. KBSG, KJR-FM and KMPS to be hurt by JACK. The next
two phases will show the impact. Hang on grasshoppers...
wait for the prediction to flower.

3. KOMO up...here come the Mariners! Yes even in
a bad season they rule...as I predicted.

4. KBKS and KNDD to benefit from KRQI leaving, again
KRQI was still in this trend...wait for the prediction
to come to flower

5. KPLZ and KLSY to go up. One was up, one was down...
wait for this prediction to come to flower. I stand by it.

All looked as it should this trend. The only surprise was the huge
month for KMPS, bigger than usual. Everything else, as expected. Why:
IKNOWITALL.

The Buzz tied KTTH! Amazing to see a hot talker tie a respected mainstream talk station (no, 97.1, KRLA doesn't count). Apparently 770's Rush buzz is gone, as they have fallen more than 50% from their high. KVI continues to stay out of the depths it once occupied not long ago.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom