• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Sports and sports betting format

I could easily see struggling radio stations like WPHT 1210 in Philly go betql/CBS sports radio combo like some of the sister audacy am stations across the USA. I'm sure audacy and the other companies are thinking about this too especially what happened with KGO 810 in San Francisco. Sports betting format maybe the replacement format for GOP talk radio on some stations . Do any of you think that this trend will continue this month and into 2023 ?

Overly broad question. And barely qualifying as a “trend.” We’re way early in the sports betting as content lifecycle, and we have yet to see meaningful long term trends.

I think Sports Betting talk will continue to grow, marginally. It isn't necessarily a ratings winner, even the Sports Betting station in Las Vegas doesn't get great ratings. But if there's income to be had from it, it will grow. And the only Sports Betting station I've heard, KGO, has a lot of regular Sports Talk programming, too, so there's that aspect of it to also consider.

How well do these sports gambling talk stations in terms of revenue? I noticed Audacy has 11 of them.

Nothing special. It just clears the market they are in for the network they run. That's it. They're what Audacy probably considers junk AM signals without translators. They shut down the one in Las Vegas. Might have similar plans for some of the others. Sell the land.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom