• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Spike Eskin replacing Jon Marks on WIP Afternoons

Soooo, demotion? Spike realizing that PD of WFAN/CBSSR wasn't his thing? Missed Philly and wanted to return?
He's remaining at WFAN/CBS until a successor is found. It appears from the people I've asked this morning that it was simply about getting back home to Philadelphia and doing more on-air work.

Edit: Also hearing there may be more New York dominoes to fall.

Last edited:
Soooo, demotion? Spike realizing that PD of WFAN/CBSSR wasn't his thing? Missed Philly and wanted to return?

He's staying in the same company. I've known a lot of DJs who got promoted to PD who always regretted making the move.

I used to commute on Amtrak to NYC, and I noticed there were quite a few people who commuted every day from Philly to NY.

Moving to a new city, even one close, isn’t always what it’s cracked up to be for everybody. I worked in NY part time for years and would rather never, ever do that again. Moving to a gig that didn’t involve that experience was a huge win for my state of mind. Others would embrace it enthusiastically. Props to them.

Whatever personal grudge you seem to hold, let's be realistic. Howard Skin has no management role at WIP. He's down to what, two hours of dead time Saturday mornings and some Eagles reporting? You think that he somehow has influence in the corporation about who fills a valuable PM drive slot?

Perhaps never mind that The Fan did fine in his tenure there. You aren't actually a judge of his qualifications, but he "hacked" it without issue. Sometimes people don't actually want to stay in a given job or city. A couple of jobs back, I did just fine with the role; I just hated parts of it once I got to doing it. Could have kept on going, but between not especially enjoying parts of the gig and hating the location, took an opportunity to go elsewhere, in a better location for me personally and doing things that make me happier on a day to day basis.

Back
Top Bottom