• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Spanish format on WROQ-HD3

WROQ is making use of their HD channels. The HD2 and HD3 have been turned on, nothing on HD2 but HD3 is carrying a Spanish format, sounds like regional Mexican. It sounds syndicated with a talk show on but I’m not able to tell what exactly it is. Different programming than Poder or La Jefa.

Edit - HD is off now as of 8:40 and dead air on the analog so something’s going on for sure.

Last edited:
Update; it’s ID’ing as WROQ-HD3 Anderson, WGTK-HD4 Greenville, W275BJ Greenville. It’s Poder. Must have been really out of sync earlier. Looks like Poder will move from 94.5-4 to 101.1-3 to feed the 102.9 translator.

Update; it’s ID’ing as WROQ-HD3 Anderson, WGTK-HD4 Greenville, W275BJ Greenville. It’s Poder. Must have been really out of sync earlier. Looks like Poder will move from 94.5-4 to 101.1-3 to feed the 102.9 translator.
Who is going to own/operate the 102.9 and 96.9 translators after the Salem sale?

And that 102.9 translator continues to interfere with the Charlotte Lake 102.9, even in Spartanburg where WLKO otherwise has a strong clear signal.

Who is going to own/operate the 102.9 and 96.9 translators after the Salem sale?

And that 102.9 translator continues to interfere with the Charlotte Lake 102.9, even in Spartanburg where WLKO otherwise has a strong clear signal.
That’s a good question, I can’t find anything that they’ve been sold or modified. I know there are a couple of entities in the upstate that own/lease most of these translators out - 98.5, 96.3, 97.7, 99.5, etc. Perhaps someone like that who would just turn around and lease them to Truth Network/Poder for a decent profit?

That 102.9 translator has an awful signal but enough to interfere. The contour is shaped like a boomerang it’s so directional for WLKO and WHQA at 103.1 in Anderson. Even in the area of town where a lot of their potential audience is (western GVL/GVL county) it gets shaky. I don’t know how their programming compares with La Jefa 1070/94.9 but the 94.9 signal is vastly superior in Greenville county.

96.9 is a decent translator signal but it’s directional from the east in Spartanburg county due to WKKT. I wqs never able to get WKKT well even in Spartanburg county, the antenna is up to the NE of Charlotte. Summit has the best translator signals of all the Paris Mtn ones.

Last edited:
Is 101.1 hd-3 on the air and does 101.1 hd-2 have any programming. My understanding is that the 94.5 hd-4 is off. I will be back to the area in 2 weeks for turkey day.

Is 101.1 hd-3 on the air and does 101.1 hd-2 have any programming. My understanding is that the 94.5 hd-4 is off. I will be back to the area in 2 weeks for turkey day.
WGTK-HD4 has been turned off, probably for the foreseeable future. I’m not aware of anything EMF has to put on there. HD2 is K-LOVE 2000s and HD3 is leased to Truth Broadcasting Network for the 96.9 translator.

WROQ-HD2 is activated but isn’t broadcasting anything

I’m sorry to beat a dead horse, but is anyone ever going to fix WROQ’s audio? The analog has sounded terrible for years, but the HD used to sound good. Since they turned this HD3 signal on the HD PTY never shows the artist and song title anymore, the station name is just “HD -HD1”, and no logo or album art. The audio sounds very clippy and tinny at a low level on the HD vs the analog. Does anyone else notice this? It’s no minor issue.

Also, Planet is still overmodulating at certain parts of songs on the HD signal. Am I just going crazy and Audacy Greenville is doing everything well? Why do the Summit, iHeart, EMF and RTN signals all sound consistently great? I swear it’s always Audacy. I see this mentioned about them in a lot of markets. I guess I’ll send them another example of WROQ tomorrow…

Back
Top Bottom