• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Space Cowboys have a new radio home

"Space Cowboys". Now that's taken straight from a movie!

"Space Cowboys". Now that's taken straight from a movie!
Or a song (Steve Miller's "The Joker"). The team originated in the independent Atlantic League with the nickname of Skeeters.

So how does a licensed, legitimate broadcaster get away with operating a "100% illegal" translator, or even get one approved by the FCC in the first place?

Or a song (Steve Miller's "The Joker"). The team originated in the independent Atlantic League with the nickname of Skeeters.
YES of course! Some people call me a Space Cowboy 🎶
So how does a licensed, legitimate broadcaster get away with operating a "100% illegal" translator, or even get one approved by the FCC in the first place?
This happens a lot because the budget for enforcement has gone down during Covid. https://www.radiodiscussions.com/threads/chicago-translator-in-fcc-trouble.748038/

It happens the same way that (apparently illegal) transmitters are sold on Ebay and Amazon.
7 watts can get you a mile radius if placed in a good spot high up, maybe an apartment complex.

It happens the same way that (apparently illegal) transmitters are sold on Ebay and Amazon.
7 watts can get you a mile radius if placed in a good spot high up, maybe an apartment complex.
7 Watts would get you more than a mile especially if it’s high up

Or a song (Steve Miller's "The Joker").
It was actually from an earlier Steve Miller Band song, the original Space Cowboy, from the Brave New World album from 1969:

I recall Space Cowboy being all over Progressive Rock FM radio in the late 60's and early 70's.

The line from The Joker (which has been burnt to a crisp on Classic Hits stations) was a reference the the earlier song.

It was actually from an earlier Steve Miller Band song, the original Space Cowboy, from the Brave New World album from 1969:

I recall Space Cowboy being all over Progressive Rock FM radio in the late 60's and early 70's.

The line from The Joker (which has been burnt to a crisp on Classic Hits stations) was a reference the the earlier song.
Such an underrated song from his earlier years!

That "translator" has damned good coverage... heard it while driving around Downtown Houston, and my Kia has a scheisse receiver.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom