• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

something weird on Click

About an hour ago, I heard a long spot that was basically reading all the names of the people that were associated with the sale of KLCK and KKNW to Hubbard Broadcasting. Why would theyu read this on the air at all? I don't think I've ever heard that before.

bobdavcav said:
About an hour ago, I heard a long spot that was basically reading all the names of the people that were associated with the sale of KLCK and KKNW to Hubbard Broadcasting. Why would theyu read this on the air at all? I don't think I've ever heard that before.

Perhaps a convenient listener service to know who's butts to kick should Hubbard decide to change KLCK/KKNW's formats?

That's a new one for me too........

Because it's required.

Bill Wolfenbarger said:
Because it's required.

Don't they usually run these things in the dead of night or 5:00 Sunday morning when nobody is listening?

I've heard license renewal announcements, but never a station sales announcement unless the personalities mention it themselves.....

You missed the KPLZ statement on the sale to Sinclare?? I though they had changed formats then, I realized it was the public announcement on the sale, was a good two mins long.

xmtrland said:
You missed the KPLZ statement on the sale to Sinclare?? I though they had changed formats then, I realized it was the public announcement on the sale, was a good two mins long.

It isn't like they announce when they air these things.

Bongwater said:
Bill Wolfenbarger said:
Because it's required.

Don't they usually run these things in the dead of night or 5:00 Sunday morning when nobody is listening?

I've heard license renewal announcements, but never a station sales announcement unless the personalities mention it themselves.....

FCC regulation 73.3580:
http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/cfr_2009/octqtr/47cfr73.3580.htm

If a license is being transferred to a new owner, the station must announce that fact at least daily on four days in the 2nd week following filing of the application for transfer. It's a surprisingly detailed rule.

The announcement must be made between 7 and 9am or 4 and 6pm for radio. (during "prime time" for TV)

You'll probably hear (and see) this alot more later this year or early next year, with the Fisher/Sinclair transaction and the Belo/Gannett transaction.

bobdavcav said:

Ummmm it's an FCC Requirement... twice daily if I remember correctly.

I know this is out of state, but I remember near where I live, the station owners read an on air statement about the sale of that station and their 2 sisters to a different group in 2011. Never knew it was a requirement, though.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom