• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

So once again, KRNB is the #1 urban station in DFW...

bucwhyl

Banned
Why?... Don't get me wrong, you can hear R&B on 105.7 that you can't hear anywhere else, but what else? As far as I know, this is all that they offer. Maybe the urban listeners of DFW are in love 24/7 and prefer a "Quietstorm" overdose...

But what are they billing?

Their numbers are impressive. I still think the market is ripe for K104 or 97.9 to move to Rhythmic CHR. Many more sales opportunities,just as many event/concert opportunities, and a slew of other rewards.

salemjedi54 said:
But what are they billing?

KRNB is averaging around 13th in 18-49 while KKDA is around 8th. KKDA billed $17 million in '11, vs. $4.8 million for KRNB.

jrprogrammer said:
Their numbers are impressive. I still think the market is ripe for K104 or 97.9 to move to Rhythmic CHR. Many more sales opportunities,just as many event/concert opportunities, and a slew of other rewards.
I thought 97.9 the beat was already a rhythmic right now, albeit they refrain from the pop/crossover titles.

bringbackradio said:
jrprogrammer said:
I thought 97.9 the beat was already a rhythmic right now, albeit they refrain from the pop/crossover titles.

It is "Rythmic" but void of the pop/crossover titles that I consider partial to the "CHR" part of the name

I was a little shocked to see that when I looked at the ratings. I would imagine KRNB will increase it's billing if they keep these #'s. I would imagine the 25-54 is quite good on KRNB.

This would have never happened in Diary/Recall. PPM changed the game.

Even KSOC does alright (about a point behind). I concur that a true Rhythmic would do well in Dallas. The Beat is a Rhythmic on paper only. They are Urban in format.

More proof that DFW needs a R&B station with legitament programming on a legitament signal. One of these companies needs to wake and realize that the days of K104 dominating the urban format is long gone. There is a huge demo out there that is beyond listening to Lil Wayne featured on every song or some over played oldie on a bad signal.

trying2getn said:
More proof that DFW needs a R&B station with legitament programming on a legitament signal. One of these companies needs to wake and realize that the days of K104 dominating the urban format is long gone. There is a huge demo out there that is beyond listening to Lil Wayne featured on every song or some over played oldie on a bad signal.

1000% agreed. An urban adult that has a major market sound, (mixshows, themed weekends, etc.), and not a limited playlist.

bucwhyl said:
trying2getn said:

1000% agreed. An urban adult that has a major market sound, (mixshows, themed weekends, etc.), and not a limited playlist.

Service and Radio One will never put the teenybop stations on the weaker signals. Even though they should.

Buc, have you ever listened to Heart and Soul on SiriusXM. That is a true UAC. Their positioner statement is "Playing the best R&B of Today and Back in the Day.

Salem I you correct, but Cumulus or CBS may give it a shot. 93.3 would be perfect, but it appears cumulus is committed to i93. I like Heart & Soul, but I am thinking more like The Heat but with less hip hop. I don't think it needs to be completely hip hop free, just enough to satisfy.

Yes I have heard Heart & Soul and its a very nice UAC. Have you heard WYLD in New Orleans? It's a nice UAC and it has the same positoner.

bucwhyl said:
Yes I have heard Heart & Soul and its a very nice UAC. Have you heard WYLD in New Orleans? It's a nice UAC and it has the same positoner.

I really don't sample other local music stations. Most of my music listening is internet based stations via iTunes, iHeartRadio or Live 365.com.

I like to compare other markets radio stations to what is being played and programmed here.

tailgater said:
What does Rhythmic CHR mean?

Rythmic "CHR" (contemporary hit records i.e., KISS Dallas) or Rythmic Top 40.
So, the more ryhtmic end of those CHR songs plus the more CHR end of the Urban songs gives you RCHR. Boston and Houston both used to carry RCHR's but both have moved to more straight Top 40.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom