• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

So many country stations!

Whenever I get e-skip, I notice a lot of country stations everywhere on the dial. That's my most popular e-skip format. I only have 2 local country stations where I live.

We have about 5 here. It's a very popular format, and yes if you're getting the south and midwest you're likely to hear a lot of it. I heard tons of Spanish, though, especially when I was getting all of those Texans and some Mexicans.

I get a lot of Spanish and country formats also. You would think living here in Austin, Texas that I would be able to hear some FM stations from Mexico but none yet. Not sure why that is. My tropo dx catches always goes NE or direct East about 400 miles. Haven't even heard anything from Oklahoma this summer. But my e skip loggings on July 29 to the East Coast made up for it.

Steve
http://www.hillcountrynetradio.com

Where I live, I get 7 CHR stations! But during the e-skip, CHR was a much smaller proportion of the formats of the stations I logged. Rock and country dominated the dial. My e-skip range was from Florida to the Dakotas.

There's a lot of country stations in the Midwest, the South, the Pacific NW (especially OR). In my very limited chance of hearing Eskip few days ago which I heard only 2 stations (one in SD and other in MN), both are country.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom