• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

So is KLIF shifting to news?

As expected, KLIF is running the Mike Huckabee show, but they are only taking two hours of it (11-1). No word this morning what they are doing from 10-11 A.M.

Seems that they've extended their morning news to 11. That's what was on in the 10am hour yesterday & today.

Right on, Grant. All about the money. Cram as many spots as you can into an hour (and a news wheel helps with that). Dump any costly local talent. Rid outside vendors (like Premiere) so you can run/own your own product (talk shows, news and traffic) and control as much commercial inventory as possible. (I'd guess Rush is toast on Cumulus stations once his contracts are up.)

grantchester said:
This didn't make sense at first, but now it's clear:
KLIF takes the ABC top of the hour news, to keep it from going to a competetor.
KLIF takes a couple of tenths from KRLD, maybe keeping KRLD from passing 820.
820 eliminates a conservative talk competetor, possibly picking up a couple of tenths.
Existing resources are leveraged across another outlet.
Building a strong station/brand is not a priority, nor is serving the community, but at least Cumulus still has another place to park pay-per-response and pay for play programming.

I have a question for anyone "in the know"..I know Janine Turner is/was? doing a weekend shift up there, did she have to buy her time or did they come up w/ some sort of ad/revenue share for her?

No I looked at KLIF's schedule its set up the same way that KGO-AM used to be set up before December 2011.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom