• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Slogan Ideas For My Internet Radio Station

I am trying to think of some slogans for my internet radio station, Free 99, in case I make it a national internet radio station. The current slogan is "East Texas Freeform."

Free 99 plays a mix of today's and yesterday's hits and indie. What would be some good slogans, given what Free 99 plays?

How about asking your existing listeners to send their feelings about the station? You can ask the question of "in 5 words or less, how would you describe it to a friend?"

You will find that the listeners will give you the words and statements that mean something to them

I listen to a small online broadcaster from England that uses the slogan "The Station You All Deserve." There's something very British about that, and I'm not sure if it would work at all in Texas. Also, it tells you nothing about what the station plays, which in this case is pop and rock from the 1960s through the 2000s, with a healthy helping of indie rock from both sides of the pond, a reggae/ska show, and free-form shows that can include everything from classic country to brass band music.

Incidentally, one of the DJs on this station is a former Radio Caroline (famous pirate station) jock, so occasional jabs at the BBC are part of the on-air package as well.

Here are some ideas for slogans for my Contemporary Freeform format that Free 99 might use:
1. True Freeform
2. Hits And Hits-To-Be
3. (Region/Town Name) Freeform (EX: East Texas Freeform)
4. We're Not Jacking Around. We Actually Play Everything.
5. A Menu Of Music
6. Today's And Yesterday's Hits And Indie
7. (Region/Town Name)'s #1 For True Freeform (With Or Without Region/Town Name)
8. True Variety
9. Your (Time Of The Day) Alternative (EX: Your Workday Alternative)
10. Not Just The Hits. Not Just The Indie.
11. The Freeform Station
12. Your/The Hit-And-Indie Station
13. Music For Everyone

Do you like these slogans?
Also, do you people have any suggestions? I would love to hear them!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom