• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Slightly Different Version of Various Songs

The Beach Boys' "Help Me Rhonda" has some extra harmonica action on the approach to the outro.

Thanks, got the PM, I will let you know if I can download the song; I haven't tried downloading it yet.

Since I posted that message yesterday, I have found his website with his email address. Wonder if he knows George Klein. Wife wants to meet him because of all his knowledge about Elvis. We want to go to Memphis sometime late this fall to see the Christmas lights at Graceland.

Thanks, got the Memphis version of "High School USA" downloaded, and now it's on to find the Nashville version, since this is where I live now! I am not AS interested in finding the Nashville version, but would still like to have it.

Thanks, got the Memphis version of "High School USA" downloaded, and now it's on to find the Nashville version, since this is where I live now! I am not AS interested in finding the Nashville version, but would still like to have it.

I've never found the Nashville version, but if I ever come across it, I'll let you know.

Thanks. In the meantime, I have thought of another one that I have not mentioned in this thread, but have mentioned in similar other past threads. And that is "Sometimes a Fantasy" by Billy Joel. The version on Glass Houses fades out, but the single version continues on for another 30-40 seconds, and you can hear it "break down" at the end. And then at the very end, Billy blurts out "I've got blisters on my blisters!" Yeah, it is similar to the ending on the Beatles' "Helter Skelter." I believe that this version of "Sometimes a Fantasy" is on youtube if anyone wants to check it out.

Re: Did You Boogie With Your Baby). First pressings of the "Sons Of The Beaches" LP did not have the track. It was added on second pressing runs of the LP to it's deletion. These pressings used the "With Wolfman Jack" commercial 45 version. One 45 commercial pressing used the Promo "Without Wolfman Jack" side stampers by mistake. The UK single has the full title "Did You Boogie With Your Baby In The Back Row Of The Movie Show".

How about Kathy Young's 1000 Stars, my Indigo 45 has no bass guitar on the bridge (chorus). However the FM version does

Yet another Billy Joel song. "Keeping the Faith." The single version is a remix of the album version, with extra percussion. Probably had to do something with it to freshen it up because it was the last single to be issued from an album that was nearly two years old at the time.

Weren't all the different regional versions of High School USA assembled and released on a CD by Rhino some years ago?

Itunes has hundreds of songs that are "remastered" and don't sound anything like the original. In the case of the Skeeter Davis tune that I posted earlier about, that was recorded when the original recording was made. It actually adds a verse and almost 30 seconds to the song. The rest of the tune is exactly the same. I came across it by accident. I can send it along if someone would like it.

One of the goofiest remix/remasters I've ever heard is the stereo mix of Doris Day's "Everybody Loves A Lover" released as a 45 (and maybe other formats) by Collectibles. If you remember the original, the first part she sang the title melody, the second part a counterpoint ("Who's the most popular personality?") and the third was a track-over-track mix that allowed her to duet with herself. Well...Collectibles' engineer forgot to overlap track 1 over 2, so it just ends with her repeating the first part. (At least the stereo is nice.)

This doesn't really fit time-wise in this category, but the posts about all the different versions of High School USA reminded me about the umpity-umpteen different versions of "Talkin' Baseball" by Terry Cashman. Not only versions for different teams, but periodic revisions with new lyrics for each team version. Talk about a cash cow! (Terry Cash-Cow-Man?)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom