• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

SiriusXM projected to have lower subscriber gains later in 2023

SXM's subscription model is a strange one.

The "published" level is $21+/mo. But if you threaten to cancel it drops to about $70/yr!

I've always wondered why they didn't price it at around $10/mo to gain more subscribers. Unlike streaming, adding more subscribers doesn't require additional bandwidth so it would seem that the net revenue from every additional subscription would be quite high.
They made me work for it last time out, but I still got my $70/yr. We'll see how this year plays out in August.

You can expect subscription rates will go up again in 2023. The last music royalty deal expired at the end of 2022. Royalties go up with every negotiation. And as part of the merger deal with DOJ, Sirius is allowed to pass those increases on to subscribers. BTW the streaming royalty is higher than the satellite royalty.

You can expect subscription rates will go up again in 2023. The last music royalty deal expired at the end of 2022. Royalties go up with every negotiation. And as part of the merger deal with DOJ, Sirius is allowed to pass those increases on to subscribers. BTW the streaming royalty is higher than the satellite royalty.

And... they will, as mentioned here:

Farewell instagrams and tweets, as well as press releases, have appeared on the SiriusXM Fans Facebook page. Kyle Cantrell from Bluegrass Junction, Ron Ross gone from the Pulse, B.K. Kirkland from The Groove, Kellie Pickler replaced by "SiriusXM Music" on The Highway, although there's no release or social media on that last one; her disappearance may be due to her recent family tragedy. All but Pickler had been with the company for more than 20 years. I'd imagine all received hefty raises during the boom years, making them nicely fatted calves to be sacrificed when things went south. Seniority is not something you want to have in today's media industry.

Can you let me know about layoff posts and other notices? I'm trying to gather a list for my newsletter but I can't access that page. I don't know why I can't see it.

Lou Brutus, shown the door after 22 years. Another original XMer and a top-level programming executive.

Can you let me know about layoff posts and other notices? I'm trying to gather a list for my newsletter but I can't access that page. I don't know why I can't see it.
Private group, but anyone can join subject to approval. This URL ought to work; you just won't see any posts.

Private group, but anyone can join subject to approval. This URL ought to work; you just won't see any posts.

It says that the content isn't available right now. I think they blocked me or something for no good reason.

EDIT
@CTListener If you can help me out regain access to it, I would appreciate it very much.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom