• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Short-Form Syndication?

Q

qwe123

(Understanding in advance that this is, perhaps, a hopelessly vague question), what are the chances of succesfully syndicating a short-form radio program (on barter) in the current market?

- My format is a daily, 90-second program with 15-second sponsor message - is this a good length or should I be looking at 60-seconds, 2-minutes, etc.? Does it matter?

- What is the preferred method of distribution? FTP? Satellite?

- Should I look at lining-up affiliates on my own or work with a syndication company?

- Is anyone even in the market for short-form radio programs (on barter)?

It's a very good question. Short form syndication has the best chance of being cleared.

1. One minute is the optimum length for a short feature because it fits into the existing model, 90 seconds max.

2. FTP

3. Acquire a lineup of affiliates on your own (preferably stations with an audience) then approach a syndicator to help you take it to the next level.

4. What is it?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom