• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

SEPTEMBER PPMs

Looks like Hot is now hurting Wild way more than it is hurting FLZ.

Eagle and Q105 a solid #2 and #3 in 6+, both probably huge in-demo.

98.7 definitely not happening. With Wild now having issues thanks to Hot, the overall result from the dial position swap and demise of the smooth jazz format looks like a net loss for CBS.

620 continues to be a winner thanks to the Rays.

97X had a bad month...maybe Urban AC's not a bad idea after all?

Parttimer said:
Looks like Hot is now hurting Wild way more than it is hurting FLZ.

Eagle and Q105 a solid #2 and #3 in 6+, both probably huge in-demo.

98.7 definitely not happening. With Wild now having issues thanks to Hot, the overall result from the dial position swap and demise of the smooth jazz format looks like a net loss for CBS.

620 continues to be a winner thanks to the Rays.

97X had a bad month...maybe Urban AC's not a bad idea after all?

I'm not surprised?

WXGL gets no credit on this board usually. The critcism is no personality and a repetitive playlist. Any explanations?

The month appears to be heavy on the older demos. OR... the 3 and 4 way splitting of the younger demos thanks to Hot, Wild, FLZ, Mix, and Play are making the other stations (Eagle, Q105) look better. Overall, I believe it's a small sample on the low end, hence the low numbers for Wild and the too close to call between FLZ and Hot.

One thing I do know is Play 98.7 is not working. Low numbers are OK as long as it's doing what you want by taking a few from FLZ and Mix... but now that Hot's on the air, Play is pretty much the lowest rated (metro) FM in Tampa Bay I've ever seen. I'm not counting the non-commercials or rim shots.

Suprised by the low rating Wild 94.1 got but still higher cume then 95.7 The Beat. Would it hurt if WiLD went more Urban but still keeping the Hits and Hip Hop tag?

CBS needs to re-think their plan. "Play" is a loser. The best move would be to dump it now and put the "urban ac" on 98.7. Also, they should look at moving WLLD a little closer to the urban quadrant. That would cause problems for CC's the "Beat." Most important, it would turn around the down ward spiral the station has been in for the last three reports. In this new world of "Hot" "FLZ" and the "Mix" there is no room for "Wild" to play as a general market station.

MsMusicRadio said:
WXGL gets no credit on this board usually. The critcism is no personality and a repetitive playlist. Any explanations?
Yes, you have so much as said it with the question, it's a jukebox for the lazy.

Jeff in Sa-ra-so-ta!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom