• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

SD In AK!

SD In AK and I’m not talking about Sandy Eggo!

And no, I’m not talking about San Diego.

I do primarily SW DX now and bought a TEF6686 radio to use with my 15 foot wellbrook loop.

It apparently does AM real well with the loop.

I was tuning across the AM dial, and suddenly heard the voice of a weatherology.com/weather eye meteorologist I recognized on 1060Khz … who ended the forecast with “from the South Dakota state lottery weather center” … followed by some generic national commercials and a KGFX liner!

1kw at 2500 miles.. and might I add fairly clear for a minute or two.

SD In AK and I’m not talking about Sandy Eggo!

And no, I’m not talking about San Diego.

I do primarily SW DX now and bought a TEF6686 radio to use with my 15 foot wellbrook loop.

It apparently does AM real well with the loop.

I was tuning across the AM dial, and suddenly heard the voice of a weatherology.com/weather eye meteorologist I recognized on 1060Khz … who ended the forecast with “from the South Dakota state lottery weather center” … followed by some generic national commercials and a KGFX liner!

1kw at 2500 miles.. and might I add fairly clear for a minute or two.
Congratulations! That is really far for 1 kw!

What a sensational catch. The KGFX night pattern is mostly north with a narrow west beam but nothing headed your way, and a Calgary station plunked down in between.

Might end up being 'the pest' now that CKMX has been put in the grave. I'm looking for KYW this fall. That would be awesome.

Back
Top Bottom