• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Rob Connett out on WPTF Morning Show

Radio Insight article

I suspected some changes and Radio Insight confirms it: WPTF/Curtis Media and morning host Rob Connett have parted ways. I don't know what their rating are/were (beyond the 6+ 'horse race') or what prompted this. Personally, I felt he did a great job of bringing new life to WPTF mornings with a great balance of news/traffic and fun, topical talk. Really liked his interactions with the others on the broadcast. Big improvement over the last host.

I'm puzzled by this. I too really liked Connett's morning show for all of the reasons you listed. It felt like WPTF was moving in a good direction in terms of their hosts, but then they do this. They need some consistency so listeners can get acquainted and build a relationship with the host. Connett was also the only person there who had any sense of how to use social media. He was a great host so this upsets me! I haven't yet listened to the station in the new year but I'm hoping they aren't going back down the conservative talk route like during the Martinez days.

Back
Top Bottom