• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Rick Shaw, WQAM, and Rick Shaw, KFRC (different people)

Which of the Shaws was also a commercial air pilot?

The San Francisco one (born Hugh Silvis). Died at age 53 of a heart attack two weeks after his annual pilot's physical. That was June of 1998.

The Bay Area Rick Shaw had one heckuva resume'. KILT Houston, WOR-FM New York (he stayed through the call letter change to WXLO), KQV in Pittsburgh and KLIF in Dallas before replacing Bobby Ocean at KFRC in 1975 when Osh went to KHJ.

I wonder what the most-used radio air name is. I've heard Justin Case on at least four stations -- three as weekend/fill-in talent, so maybe that's just the name the stations told their "emergency" DJs to use.

The San Francisco one (born Hugh Silvis). Died at age 53 of a heart attack two weeks after his annual pilot's physical. That was June of 1998.

The Bay Area Rick Shaw had one heckuva resume'. KILT Houston, WOR-FM New York (he stayed through the call letter change to WXLO), KQV in Pittsburgh and KLIF in Dallas before replacing Bobby Ocean at KFRC in 1975 when Osh went to KHJ.
I remember him from WOR-FM, listened to him quite a bit back then. Very good jock, even within their tight format. That he had a *fatal* heart attack right after an FAA-mandated physical shows how worthless those are.

Back
Top Bottom