• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Rhythm Mix

Anyone listened to the New Rhythm Mix that Dial Global (Formerly Westwood One) is
pumping out?
Just curious
Thanx in advance for any feedback.

Yes. We flipped our station to this format in East TN. I've never at any format change been witness to positive feedback during the initial switch/launch. This switch was amazing and the feedback continues to be tremendous. Nothing but growth for us with this format. It's incredible. It targest women but the men that call and email telling us they love the music and change is really impressive. It's something new and different so no matter if you are a top 40 or AC listener you can get your fix. It's a format that everyone will love.

Steve,
I have been meaning to call and introduce myself.
I am in talks with the parent company to produce
a mixshow for Friday afternoon's/evenings. Dial-Global
seems to have their act together with this format.
Thanks to your station, I was able to actually hear
the change when it first happened. I am just over the
line in Kentucky and you boom here. I run two smaller
stations in the area...Hot AC and Oldies. It's good to
hear that you are happy with the flip. With radio as
homogenized as it is today, this seems like something
different. I am sure someone will try an compare it to Movin',
but I think they have more than 150 songs in their library.
Thanks for the reply.

Judging from the Yes.com music log for WBGQ (which I assume is your East TN station), Rhythm Mix's playlist is pretty good and they play a lot of songs you can't hear anywhere else. (BTW... You might want to update the "About Us" page on the WBGQ Website. I'd wager you don't play John Mayer or the Goo Goo Dolls anymore.)

What I'm curious about is how many of the other former WW1/Dial Global Soft AC affiliates stayed with the format after it was changed to "Rhythm Mix" and how many bailed out and went with another AC format (Jones or ABC). I'd bet at least a few bailed, since they might be in more conservative areas where rhythmic music is not widely accepted by advertisers.

First of the year, gonzo.
They got in on the game too late and didn't have the response they were looking for.
Anticipate yet another flip to a CHR format by January. I think Dial-Global has a problem
or two trying to get it right. They don't seem to know their markets as well as they claim.
AND, they have a decent product... but the presentation isn't always the best.
Good luck trying to sell a format that keeps changing.

spindoctor1 said:
First of the year, gonzo.
They got in on the game too late and didn't have the response they were looking for.
Anticipate yet another flip to a CHR format by January. I think Dial-Global has a problem
or two trying to get it right. They don't seem to know their markets as well as they claim.
AND, they have a decent product... but the presentation isn't always the best.
Good luck trying to sell a format that keeps changing.

I have to at least hand it to Dial Global for taking the risk. There aren't enough risk takers in radio these days. And, yes, when you're taking risks: You win some. You lose some.

This is ashame, I only got to hear the new Rhythm Mix station for a few minutes, one time driving down I-40 with a weak signal. I would have like to have heard more some day, it had a different sound to it than the normal Movin stations. Oh well, Good Radio stations are like Girlfriends, you never know when they are gonna pull the plug and leave ya for good. For the record, I dont think CHR will do well in this area, they already have a good signal from Star 102.1 and Electric 94.9. I think the above poster was right, they jumped on it too late in the game.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom