• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Red Dirt and ESPN

Im updating my Fayetteville market radio station listings and discovered that they have a Red Dirt 96.7 format just like Fort Smith to the southern end of the Fort Smith Fayetteville tv market. I see that KXRD has a CP to upgrade to a C2 form a tower closer to Fort Smith than currently. I would only Rimshot Fort Smith from the north. Both Red Dirt 96.7's are owned by separate companies.

Also the hitthatline.com website for ESPN radio in West Arkansas shows that 1290 and 99.5 are ESPN but I have that 1290 is a spanish language format that feeds the Fayetteville 103.1 translator. Does ESPN 99.5 KAKS have a AM simlucast anymore or is this 99.5 the only radio market ESPN Radio anymore.

Wikipedia still shows no format for 1250 KPBI and translator 106.1 so by doing some digging it appears that those two signals air a spanish language La Poderosa format but im not sure the format.

Any info would be helpful thanks

Im updating my Fayetteville market radio station listings and discovered that they have a Red Dirt 96.7 format just like Fort Smith to the southern end of the Fort Smith Fayetteville tv market. I see that KXRD has a CP to upgrade to a C2 form a tower closer to Fort Smith than currently. I would only Rimshot Fort Smith from the north. Both Red Dirt 96.7's are owned by separate companies.

The red dirt format that was on 1250/106.1 moved to 96.7 when Rox Radio got the old Hog Radio properties. It sold off 1250/106.1 and 99.5. I wasn't aware of the CP, but the new location looks to be near the Magic 107.9 tower. I don't think it's the same tower, but it's nearby. Not sure how well that station will do covering Ft. Smith, but I'm guessing it won't be quite as good as the coverage on the maps. There are a lot of hills and mountains in that area. When I went to college there, the only Fayetteville station that reliably covered Ft. Smith was 107.9, and KISR 93.7 was the only Ft. Smith station that was reliable everywhere in Fayetteville. I could get KZBB, KBSY/KOMS, and KTCS fairly well on my home stereo, but they were usually nonexistent in the car. The stations on Mount Magazine were fine in Siloam Springs, but you couldn't hear them reliably in the car by the time you got to Fayetteville.

Wikipedia still shows no format for 1250 KPBI and translator 106.1 so by doing some digging it appears that those two signals air a spanish language La Poderosa format but im not sure the format.

KPBI 1250/106.1 have been La Poderosa for about two years. It's what would be considered regional Mexican. As I mentioned above, Rox Radio sold those stations when it bought Hog Radio.

Any info would be helpful thanks

I wish I had seen this post a few days ago. I just met my family in Bentonville since my nieces were on Spring Break, but I got back home Wednesday afternoon. About the only time I listened to local radio was when my mom was driving, which wasn't very often. She, however, was partial to 94.3 Nash Icon and 99.7 out of Neosho.

Back
Top Bottom