• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Radio Vermont Sold

Vermont Republicans generally aren't on the far right/MAGA side of the party. Do you know anything about Mermel and Milne? Sure hope WDEV doesn't become just another syndicated conservative talk station.

Two things: if WDEV is a financial success, I doubt there is anything to worry about. People buy radio stations because they are successful or because they can acquire them at such a low price they can have enough wiggle room financially to situate a moneymaking format on the frequency and grow it into black ink. The other thing is radio is a business. For a business, the agenda is to make money. Generally speaking, this has nothing to do with political leanings. There have been several elected officials that have and continue to own stations yet their stations do not reflect their political party but do operate as a company designed to make money by providing a format a large number in the listening area want to hear.

Does WDEV still carry Democracy Now!? If so, you can say so long to that with two GOP operatives in charge. I have my doubts about the station long-term with this development.

I looked at the WDEV Program Guide and I don't see Democracy Now. I think any changes will be very minor that likely only radio people pick up on. I gather WDEV does well with listeners and likely well with advertisers. The last thing you want to do is throw all of that away if you paid a decent price. It would e akin to buying a new car for crash with the intent of totaling it a few miles down the road. I've seen a few sales that resulted only in trimming the fat a little and giving the sales department better tools to sell more. It's stations in distress that usually flip are the sale goes through.

Back
Top Bottom