• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Radio & Records / R&R / Gavin Report / Hamilton Report

DavidEduardo

Moderator/Administrator
Staff member
It's time for a public-radio like donation campaign:

http://www.americanradiohistory.com is trying to build a collection of the deceased music trades.

I already have about 150 issues of R&R mostly from the 2000-2009 period, but a smattering of 70's and 80's stuff and even an issue or two from the 90's. They are there and readable right now.

I'm looking for missing issues... because I want to document "the other side" of the music charts and the way formats were constructed using magazines and Tip Sheets. Check out the R&R's at http://www.americanradiohistory.com/RandR-Magazine-Page-Range-Guide.htm

You will see that they are globally and individually searchable, and are not cut, edited or revise. Full issues!

I also want Gavin Reports, Hamilton Reports and anything else that tracks radio and music from the 50's to the last decade. And I'd like to get it digitized, made searchable and preserved before all the remaining issues disappear. And that's not a lie or exaggeration (we know radio and records folks don't lie or exaggerate now don't we?) because fewer and fewer copies of the trade magazines that we used are available now. Help me save them.

If you can help, even with just a few issues, here's how.

• Donate them. They will be digitized on some pretty cool state of the art hardware and you'll get credit and well deserved glory. I'll even send you prepaid UPS shipping labels. Painless and your friends will say nice things about you. I guarantee it.
  • Sell them to me. I give a little case, send the same UPS label, give you a bit less suck on the site, but will spell your name right at least. eMail me to begin the haggling process. Specify dollars, pesos mexicanos or Euros.
  • Loan them to me. I will desperately attempt to preserve them in pristine and unsullied condition by using a scanner that employs 35 mm digital cameras and barely opens the books but a few degrees. Likewise, I'll send prepaid UPS labels, , mention you as a patron of the website and make you seem like a pillar of the broadcast community

Please do rummage in your trash and treasures and find some of these. Well have lots of fun remembering the magazines, and, of course the Gavin Conventions, the Bobby Poe events and the R&R conventions. Both TWA and Eastern Airlines will offer special fares...

I read yesterday that the entire collection is housed at the Rock-in-Roll hall of fame museum in Cleveland. I'm guessing you have to go there personally to review any. I am interested in a few country music artists myself.

I read yesterday that the entire collection is housed at the Rock-in-Roll hall of fame museum in Cleveland. I'm guessing you have to go there personally to review any. I am interested in a few country music artists myself.
Country Music HoF has all R&R.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom