• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Quick question

I received a Tivoli Audio "Henry Kloss Model One" radio as a Christmas present. Has anyone ever dealt with this particular radio? Anyone who has dealt with this radio also dealt with DXing/E-Skip? Now that I'm done classes, I have more time to try and pick up stations via E-Skip. Thanks in advance if anyone can help me.<P ID="signature">______________
Cary from Cherry Hill, NJ</P>

Expensive gift - somebody likes you a lot!

The radio - I would classify it in the "trendy" category with Bose Wave Radio. Both are OK, but a GE Superadio 3 runs rings around both for DX out of the box with no mods or external antennas. Follow the same rules you would for any radio - put up the best antenna you can, point it towards distant stations, and who knows what might show up?! Good antennas tend to equalize radios - but only to a point - unless you are good at mods like the narrow ceramic filter mod.

> I received a Tivoli Audio "Henry Kloss Model One" radio as a
> Christmas present. Has anyone ever dealt with this
> particular radio? Anyone who has dealt with this radio also
> dealt with DXing/E-Skip? Now that I'm done classes, I have
> more time to try and pick up stations via E-Skip. Thanks in
> advance if anyone can help me.
>
I own this radio. It is not particularly good in the selectivity department. Sensitivity is average. I wouldn't recommend it for DX'ing, especially on AM. Don't get me wrong. It's a great product, but not particularly suited to serious DX'ing.

Best FM section in a radio around this price is the Grundig S350. It's FM section beats the GE Superadio III hands down. (I have all three).

> Best FM section in a radio around this price is the Grundig
> S350. It's FM section beats the GE Superadio III hands
> down. (I have all three).

Thanks to you both for the quick responses. I figured that it wouldn't be the best for DXing, but the sound quality is excellent and now I can listen to the radio down here while I'm online. I think I have a Grundig radio in my room, I don't know the specific brand/model offhand, just that it's silver and pretty small. I use it for AM skywave reception, it's worked very well for me.
>
<P ID="signature">______________
Cary from Cherry Hill, NJ</P>

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom