• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

questions about IP Digital Broadcast Console or other advice.

hello to all the members of the group,

I am interested in IP digital radio broadcast consoles and these are my questions :

What are the precise and cheapest references ?

What are the different brands that exist ?
I already know a number of them but maybe not all, hence my question.

I want to broadcast several radio programs 24/24 and at the same time also make recordings during the live broadcast and to save space and spend less money I am advised to have an IP digital console what do you think ?
Do you have any other ideas for me ?

Thank you very much in advance for your answers.

Are you inside or outside the USA? How many inputs do you need? Are all the inputs digital, or are some analog? How many microphones in? What sort of features do you require, like aux busses or mix minus capabilities? AES or SPIDF? Dante or Ravenna interface?

The price and brand will vary significantly, depending on answers to the questions above.

Well, there are lots of options depending on your needs. The most common routing backbones are Axia/Livewire, Wheatstone/Wheatnet, and Dante. In the US Axia and Wheatstone are the main players in most facilities. SAS is also a common brand in larger facilities, they support Dante. The system you choose will be very dependant on the type and amount of I/O you need, how many studios will be in your facility etc..

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom