• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Q106SanDeigo.com CLOSED

I have closed Q106SanDiego.com and deleted my registration of the domain. Thank you to everyone who visited the site over the years. I had not updated it in a while, and felt that I was not doing the Q106 name justice. My hope is that somebody else will take advantage of the Q106SanDiego.com name and perhaps bring back the station. Otherwise, there are a lot of airchecks floating around. Please check with BigAppleAirchecks.com or Airchexx.com because that is the best place to find classic audio of Q106. I also have many tapes of the station.

A garret you might already no this, but did you know that a KLOVE affliliate in Hayward, North Dakota has the old Q106 call letters KKLQ. Thought you might want to know. ;D

Yup!
Happened within the past few years but yup!

So if anyone ever re-tries Q106 again, it will have to be something other than KKLQ :(

Garrett said:
Yup!
Happened within the past few years but yup!

So if anyone ever re-tries Q106 again, it will have to be something other than KKLQ :(

Call letters get bought back.

When Sporting News Radio wanted KMPC for 1540 in L.A., they wrote a check to the station in Abilene, Texas that had the calls.

Same thing happened here in Phoenix when KZZP was resurrected after 5 years. Somebody in whatever market got a nice check.

And...back to L.A...the KDAY calls were in use in my home town, Bishop, California when 93.5 in Los Angeles wanted them. They made it worth their while to change.

Hey Garrett, you seemed to have neglected to mention California Aircheck www.californiaaircheck.com as the absolute best source of Q-106 airchecks...

There are dozens and dozens of KKLQ Q-106 audio airchecks going back to day one not to mention video airchecks of JoJo Kincaid, Murphy & McKeever, Anita Rush, Chuck Cannon, Ralphie Marino, Chio, Rick Rumble & John Murphy, Smiley Kim & Matt, etc. If you see a Q106 video on YouTube (such as the JoJo Kincaid) it was stolen from California Aircheck..

Anyone else only has chump-change as far as Q106 goes!

Yes, if you are willing to shell out a little money for airchecks, that is a good options as well ;-)
Of course, the sites that I mentioned have airchecks available on demand for free.

I support George whenever possible (I have the credit card receipts to prove it!) :)

That said - sorry to hear you took down the site, Garrett, but thank you for doing it for so long.

-- Doc

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom