• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Q105 Post-Mason Dixon

Q105 is unlistenable now. Roxanne Wilder for over a third of the broadcast day. No thanks.

Can't remember what station it was but at one point they had Delilah on 24/7 then switched to John Tesh 24/7. Both are hard enough to take 3-4 hours a day but 24? No thanks! [Older non-radio people I knew back then thought they were working around the clock and marveled at how they were able to do it, do they take cat naps or what? Had to explain to them about voice-tracking, they weren't really at that station 24/7]

"They did this before. Mason did AM, Roxanne middays..."

That may be true but I really feel for Mason. I read on his Facebook page about how he and his wife are moving out of their house, and it's sad because it's likely the result of his employment status

"They did this before. Mason did AM, Roxanne middays..."

That may be true but I really feel for Mason. I read on his Facebook page about how he and his wife are moving out of their house, and it's sad because it's likely the result of his employment status
it was a 4 bed 4 bath 4131 Sq foot home ..... you are 70+ years old and empty nesters.... that is a LOT of house, and if he was hard up for cash, he has a couple of REAL nice cars he could part with.... but it was a BEAUTIFUL house

If my sources are correct, he took more than 1 major pay cut to keep his job after the CBS/ Beasley swap... so what he was making probably was not a lot of money for a major market personality, but they had to pay him out on his contract, the one they gave him just weeks before they pulled this BS move of sending him to the beach

I could write a list of all the people Beasley has screwed over in just the Tampa market since they took over, even when times were good, pre covid, pre inflation, pre recession

I don't think Jimmie is hurting, he is just doing what a lot of us do when we get to a certain age.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom