• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Q100 ruins morning commute

If this was the station in Sacramento, the after effects would be "That's the station that killed that listener"

But it isn't. The most listeners can do to ridicule the station is "That's the station that offered free admittance to Six Flags" ooooooh, how evil...

Actually, it's the greedy "I want somethiing for free" inidividuals who screwed it up, Not Q100.

... and THAT would be the Old School and CORRECT way to handle it. Too bad someone at the station didn't have their "Old School" thinking cap! ;-)

Old School said:
As stated before, it seems to me the "promotion" itself was a success. But now is the time for the station to advance the promotion through a little public relations. Unfortunately for Q100, that chance has probably already passed them by.

I believe there's power in a well-crafted statement about something that has gone awry.

If management had come out and stated something like, "We regret that the success of this promotion simultaneously caused problems for some residents of our area. That was not our intent. However, we believe this truly demonstrates the popularity of one of our city's major attractions. And are these attractions what make Atlanta such a wonderful city in which to work and live..."

Next thing you know, the guy is running for mayor.

OS

I think just about all of ya are missing the point here... ratings or no ratings, this in fact proves that people are actually listening to Q100. How many times in the last 2 years have people said on this board that Q was done? Like it not, the promotion was a success. It drew a crowd and got some press... and that's radio promotions 101.

That's really not an accurate asessment (sp?)

I'm sure they have alot of listeners, but you can't tell me that ALL of the people who crammed the streets are all Q100 listeners.

weee said:
That's really not an accurate asessment (sp?)

I'm sure they have alot of listeners, but you can't tell me that ALL of the people who crammed the streets are all Q100 listeners.

Somebody somewhere said that v103 mentioned it.

The only thing that didn't go well was PR. Q100 was, if at all, barely mentioned in prelimary media reports.

In the end, I'm really proud of Q for pulling this off. Definitely a national landmark for TOP40 radio.

I think everyone is missing the point here, and the point is where can we get shirtless pictures of Hoss? HE'S HOT!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom