• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Promoting new HD stations

I

ibezdechi

Anyone know how stations are going to promote their new HD stations without siphoning and confusing listeners?

> Anyone know how stations are going to promote their new HD
> stations without siphoning and confusing listeners?
>

I think they will have to wait until more HD radios are out there. As of now, the Boston Acoustics model at $299 is the only one available. It would be relatively easy to market formats not available on conventional radio.

Bruce

I see this as an issue, the public is constantly barraged with the term, "digital" every time some technology changes:

AMPS (analogue signal) cellphones were called digital because they incorporated digital technology within. AM/FM radios with digital displays were called digital, then people said digital only applied those tuners with microprocessors; variable tuning capacitors no longer counted. TV's which tuned analogue stations digitaly were called digital. Now we have radio and TV stations transmitting digital signals to which none of those old "digital" recievers will decode.

Digital used to mean incorporating the digits of the hands, the fingers!

<P ID="signature">______________
Proud 2 B a pioneering satellite radio subs¢riber
Ai4i is always on the trailing edge of technology
______________</P>

> Anyone know how stations are going to promote their new HD
> stations without siphoning and confusing listeners?

There won't be enough receivers to make that a concern for a very long time. Once there are enough receivers to mix the commercial HD1 listeners with the non-commercial HD2 listeners we'll have a serious problem with advertisers wanting to be sure they're not paying for listeners who won't hear their spots. My bet is that HD2s will be non commercial well beyond two years.

Rich

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom