• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Premiere increasingly offering multiple 70s Kasem AT40s

Premiere, on multiple occasions this year, has been giving the Casey Kasem's American Top 40/The 70s affiliates a choice of an early-70s show and a(n optionally 4-hour) late-70s show. It initially appeared they were only going to do this around the major holidays, but are planning it again for this (non-holiday) weekend (7/14-15/12).

Is this a good idea, and on a side note, is Preem planning to open a website devoted to Casey's legacy?

I think it's a great idea. Stations have more of an option to fit their format. Those early 70s shows arent necessarily welcome on some of the "classic hits" stations. Stations can choose shows that fit their musical format. While I'd love a website, Casey never had one during his years on American Top 20, I don't see it happening.

Now that this option has been around for a few months, there's been plenty of interest in both shows (tho each station is still apparently contractually limited to one show per weekend), and on occasion a station doing what was originally a four-hour show, if it's not too much of a hassle, even finds the time to do all four (nice!)

However, what would it take to get station web sites to not only publish that they carry the show, but (especially those that can pick from shows) the original chart date each week? (I'm not expecting them to list the actual songs in the countdown...I realize many of them probably think that's publicizing playlists in advance, in violation of DMCA, never mind that these aren't new shows, really they've mostly been repeated even since they've been syndicated by Premiere in their current form!!)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom