• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Places Where There Is No AM or FM Signal

That's crazy! Two AM stations at night in Uganda. I wonder if one of them was the 1377khz in Tanzania, Radio Free Africa (about 300 mi from Fort Portal). That one is sometimes heard in New England and the Maritimes. Mozambique is also on a few MW channels at about 1,600 miles from Fort Portal.

How long ago was this?
It was about 15 years ago. Admittedly, I was using a walkman style portable, so it was no Superadio or CCRane rig. Still, the silence of the band was something I'd never heard on that particular radio or any other. It was an analogue radio so I couldn't tell exactly where those signals were coming from. It was a Saturday night and one was playing party music while the other had various oldies. The latter was in a foreign language that sounded like Arabic, but it could have been something else.

Back
Top Bottom