• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Pittsburgh needs a real 80s to now station

I've scanned around the dial and WMXY seems to offer just what I'm talking about but their signal is a bit fringe in my area.

WLTJ 92.9 FM plays music that is really from the 90s to somewhat of today.

WRRK 96.9 FM Is good where it's at great content not a loudness war trying station. Perfect niche and keep it that way - get rid of the random Dua Lipa and The Weekend that's just what people are not wanting to tune into the station for.

Mix 97.3 FM fringe but a similar variety to WMXY

WSHH 99.7 FM has an odd playlist it's the same (what I feel like) 20 songs in a random shuffle. There is hardly anything "diffent" in terms of the same genre but a different song. Also, the loudness and excessive use of phase rotation drives me away from the station.

WBZZ 100.7 FM might as well be rebranded as a CHR format station.

This is just my opinion

WSHH 99.7 FM has an odd playlist it's the same (what I feel like) 20 songs in a random shuffle. There is hardly anything "diffent" in terms of the same genre but a different song. Also, the loudness and excessive use of phase rotation drives me away from the station.
Is this "phase rotation" why 99.7 sounds like garbage for me, especially when I turn on "expanded stereo" on my radio? It sounds like static at or near the peaks. I thought it was just bad multipath, but 99.7 sounds by far the worst of all the local radio stations where I'm at.

Last edited:
Is this "phase rotation" why 99.7 sounds like garbage for me, especially when I turn on "expanded stereo" on my radio? It sounds like static at or near the peaks. I thought it was just bad multipath, but 99.7 sounds by far the worst of all the local radio stations where I'm at.
Well here's why they choose "phase rotation" it's because the signal will be very symmetrical, meaning when the phase rotated audio is fed to an audio processor there is hardly any change in peaks. So the processor will take that signal and crush it more making it LOUD and it just seems to me the station has no bass at all and sometimes sub bass but it is Wayyyyy too much. But your issue with the "the peaks" is because they over modulate.

edit: "the peaks" are intermodulation distortion

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom