• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Pirates on 91.7

I'm working with a group that has a Constriction permit to operate an LPFM on 91.7 at Fort Lauderdale. While visiting the city recently I noticed at least one maybe two pirates on that frequency. Anybody know of them and where they area? The signals came in and out and I was too busy to try to listen for more than a short time. Thanks in advance.

Try searching social media, lot of those stations are out in the open online. Other than that, drive around with a portable radio with the antenna down until the signal comes in clear. You'll be in the ballpark

Try searching social media, lot of those stations are out in the open online. Other than that, drive around with a portable radio with the antenna down until the signal comes in clear. You'll be in the ballpark
Thanks did find one in social media but I suspect there are more on that frequency

I'm working with a group that has a Constriction permit to operate an LPFM on 91.7 at Fort Lauderdale. While visiting the city recently I noticed at least one maybe two pirates on that frequency. Anybody know of them and where they area? The signals came in and out and I was too busy to try to listen for more than a short time. Thanks in advance.
Playing Sea Shantys lol

Speaking of pirates, we had one shut down. The gentleman who reported them screen-shotted what he received from the FCC. Of course, no one knows what the fine was, if one was indeed imposed, but I’m assuming the cheap Chinese transmitter was confiscated. I had lunch with a station owner yesterday, who told me he knew the agents were in the area.

Back
Top Bottom