• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Pirate at 102.3 (NW OKC)

I think there may be a pirate on the air at 102.3 FM. I can get it in fairly well near I-44 and NW 23rd Street. It has been airing Alex Jones every time I've turned over to it. I have heard it in the past at 107.1, though it has been over a year since I've caught it on air. I can't find anything in the FCC database that makes it appear legitimate.

Why would someone even bother to try to do this anymore
with the internet and streaming? I admit it would be kinda
fun to put something together to see how far it would go,
but it is not worth it.

When I was visiting family in Bella Vista, AR there was a Christmas
display that broadcast on 102.3 that HAD to be using a pretty powerful
exciter because it blasted 5 miles past the Missouri border.

Wasnt there a reresenative in Oklahoma that was wanting
to issue permits for radio stations thru the state?

Chris
www.radiookc.com

Ok - Thanks. Forgot the name. It would be kind of funny and crazy
if something were to happen with that. I was looking and it looks like
OKC won't be a canidate for the new LPFM's that will be coming up
for bidding soon.

Chris
www.radiookc.com

There is a freeze on new translator apps recently imposed for LPFM in metros. I honestly don't know how that's going to affect the availablity of LPFM in this market. New LPFMs aught to be put in the old TV 2-6 band on a secondary basis IMHO. But, the FCC and it's politics probably won't allow that to ever happen.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom