• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Pirate and iHeart at same event?

This article indicates that both iHeart Hartford and a Norwalk station going under the name of La Imperial 87.9 will be represented at a major Latino festival in Hartford this weekend. I assume La Imperial is a pirate, as its website is laughably crude and mentions no call letters, but apparently they've fooled the event's organizers. Anyone know anything about this operation, how long it's been around, whether the FCC has ever looked into it? You'd think iHeart would notice, right?

On May 20th I made a post about picking up a station on 87.9 running Hispanic programming in the Southington-Plainville-Forestville area and that it was really strong near Stop and Shop on Pine Street in Forestville. I doubt that it's the same station though. They would have to be running at a high amount of wattage to reach up here from Norwalk.

P.S. At the end of July I will be traveling through Norwalk on Amtrak. I'll have to check it out.

This article indicates that both iHeart Hartford and a Norwalk station going under the name of La Imperial 87.9 will be represented at a major Latino festival in Hartford this weekend. I assume La Imperial is a pirate, as its website is laughably crude and mentions no call letters, but apparently they've fooled the event's organizers. Anyone know anything about this operation, how long it's been around, whether the FCC has ever looked into it? You'd think iHeart would notice, right?
On May 20th I made a post about picking up a station on 87.9 running Hispanic programming in the Southington-Plainville-Forestville area and that it was really strong near Stop and Shop on Pine Street in Forestville. I doubt that it's the same station though. They would have to be running at a high amount of wattage to reach up here from Norwalk.

P.S. At the end of July I will be traveling through Norwalk on Amtrak. I'll have to check it out.

@MarcB @CTListener funny this comes up.. i have a facebook friend in darien, much clsoer to Norwalk who just yesterday posted he heard spanish on 87.9 and thought "imperial" was the name of an advertiser.. i did some googling, having no clue.. and found La Imperial too.

Back
Top Bottom