• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Philadelphia ratings

Some trivia here, a portion of which is suitably entangled in compromised memory.
1460 signed on as being licensed to Mt. Holly NJ. A daytime only, they had four sticks on an island in the Delaware, a few miles south of where Washington crossed the river in search of a 7-11 or any place open on Christmas Day. And I knew WWJZ'd be a real toughie to log in Queens near JFK. Somehow I managed a really inhuman, total null on WVOX one midday and heard a faint ad for the Burlington County Times.
Oddly, while painting a house one morning out here in St. Clair, I fashioned a fiendish null on local WPAM Pottsville, and heard WIFI pretty well for a while off a barefoot GE SR 2., them doing sports at the time.
I see from Rx-Locator that WIFI has their sticks inland now, in NJ. They shouldn't need four towers and 500 nighttime watts to serve Florence on an FM extension speaker.
To the bolded: 😄😄😄! Merry Christmas in advance, Steve!

As to that island, do you mean the one whose south end the Scudders Falls Bridge clips, or the one just south of the SEPTA West Trenton bridge?

WRFF will probably see a boost after the holidays as usual anyway?
Well, it won't really matter. It's not like they're gonna start getting 10's in the demo. iHeart has a really interesting situation going in this market. With WRFF, they have a station aimed at an audience advertisers reach by buying elsewhere...so the ratings don't much matter. And with WUMR, they have a station purposely (and successfully) aimed at an audience that there isn't much of (yet)...so the ratings don't much matter there either.

To the bolded: 😄😄😄! Merry Christmas in advance, Steve!

As to that island, do you mean the one whose south end the Scudders Falls Bridge clips, or the one just south of the SEPTA West Trenton bridge?
It's actually quite a bit downstream from those: Burlington Island, just north (really closer to east) of the Burlington-Bristol Bridge.

Well, it won't really matter. It's not like they're gonna start getting 10's in the demo. iHeart has a really interesting situation going in this market. With WRFF, they have a station aimed at an audience advertisers reach by buying elsewhere...so the ratings don't much matter. And with WUMR, they have a station purposely (and successfully) aimed at an audience that there isn't much of (yet)...so the ratings don't much matter there either.
Do you think WRFF stays with its format or flips to something else

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom