• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Philadelphia Radio PPM Ratings: January 2018

Checking Media Monitor, Jessie talked out of Paramore's "Misery Business" and talked about the recent Awolnation show/acoustic session the station had, and frontsold their new single. All total? About a minute. So I don't know what you were listening to or what you made up, but a 5 minute talkset about LeBron James didn't happen around 6:10.

What is Media Monitor?

I know for a fact she talked about James almost five minutes, check the 6:00 log, she was filling in for the usual jock. She is always talking Eagles, even some politics and world affairs on occasion. They should listen to some of Wendy's shows, title, artist a fast bit of info and finished. They should take the BEN approach, sounds like you work there?

I know for a fact she talked about James almost five minutes, check the 6:00 log, she was filling in for the usual jock. She is always talking Eagles, even some politics and world affairs on occasion. They should listen to some of Wendy's shows, title, artist a fast bit of info and finished. They should take the BEN approach, sounds like you work there?

I have no skin in the game. I just call out factually incorrect information as I can and have the time.

Going into the next stopset around 6:50, she talked about an upcoming studio session and how you can win tickets. About a minute in length.

The 4:10 break she DID talk about LeBron, the billboards, and the tie-in to the Philly company that bought them. Plugged the station social media and station website where the pics could be seen. Total talkset length? 52 seconds.

She took a topical, local news story and turned it into an engaging talkset, and got it done in under a minute.

I have no skin in the game. I just call out factually incorrect information as I can and have the time.

Going into the next stopset around 6:50, she talked about an upcoming studio session and how you can win tickets. About a minute in length.

The 4:10 break she DID talk about LeBron, the billboards, and the tie-in to the Philly company that bought them. Plugged the station social media and station website where the pics could be seen. Total talkset length? 52 seconds.

She took a topical, local news story and turned it into an engaging talkset, and got it done in under a minute.

But he knows for a fact...

There are some people on this board who will defend Radio 104.5 no matter what. I love alternative rock but I wish there was a good alt rock station in Philly. Not just one that plays the same predictable songs over and over. I just found out Saturday that the iconic alt rock band The Breeders have a new album out. The single "Wait in the Car" was posted on YouTube October 3rd, 2017. Did I hear about this song from Philly's only alt rock station? No, I heard about it from a sales rep from an online musical instrument store. I know there are other options to find new music but I used to love discovering great new alternative rock songs on commercial radio. I guess those days are over.

It depends on the artist. The Breeders may be iconic to you, but not necessarily everyone else.

Exactly. The Breeders really only had one hit at Alternative ("Cannonball") that charted in 1993, and they haven't charted at all since 1994. The older end of the demo may remember "Cannonball" from plays on WDRE and Y100, but the core of the demographic probably have rarely heard it. So there's no interest from mainstream Alternative stations to spin it other than in a curiosity "new music" feature spin here or there.

I'm not defending Radio 104.5 (I honestly think Entercom does a better job at Alt, like on 92.3 in NYC), but I will point out the valid reasons why 104.5 is the way it is.

Exactly. The Breeders really only had one hit at Alternative ("Cannonball") that charted in 1993, and they haven't charted at all since 1994. The older end of the demo may remember "Cannonball" from plays on WDRE and Y100, but the core of the demographic probably have rarely heard it.

I went through their playlist, and they're not even playing Cannonball.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom