• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Pat McCrory Future

Now that his Senate bid bombed, I wonder if Pat McCrory will eventually return to WBT? He apparently had good ratings prior to his departure, but now the recent addition of Beth Troutman with Bo Thompson has proven successful. Perhaps they could move him to noon in the old Rush Limbaugh time slot. And I wonder if he will return as a recurring commentator for NBC on Meet the Press.

Now that his Senate bid bombed, I wonder if Pat McCrory will eventually return to WBT? He apparently had good ratings prior to his departure, but now the recent addition of Beth Troutman with Bo Thompson has proven successful. Perhaps they could move him to noon in the old Rush Limbaugh time slot. And I wonder if he will return as a recurring commentator for NBC on Meet the Press.
He's done. And he was only a marketing tool for MTP, Chuck got to plug his show.
McCrory's "I'm a stupid hick" act on the show was ridiculous and he put zero effort into making the show better.
You could tell by the end Bo wanted nothing to do with the show.
And why would they put him at noon where Kaliner is?

He's done. And he was only a marketing tool for MTP, Chuck got to plug his show.
McCrory's "I'm a stupid hick" act on the show was ridiculous and he put zero effort into making the show better.
You could tell by the end Bo wanted nothing to do with the show.
And why would they put him at noon where Kaliner is?
Since he apparently got good ratings before, I wonder if they would offer him a chance to return to WBT. He still makes guest appearances.

Since he apparently got good ratings before, I wonder if they would offer him a chance to return to WBT. He still makes guest appearances.
He lost not the election but the primary. Is that a good look for WBT?

He lost not the election but the primary. Is that a good look for WBT?
McCrory was the front runner prior to the Trump endorsement of the opposing candidate, and a massive opposition smear campaign by a powerful conservative PAC. The opposing candidate refused to debate and still won the primary. But McCrory may still have a role as a commentator, but has apparently decided to retire from public service.

McCrory lost support after the "Bathroom Bill" backfired chasing the film industry, and concert performers out of North Carolina. He failed as Governor to make much progress in the Charlotte area. Many voters thought right or wrong he would do more for the Charlotte area, The only thing we got was the I-77 toll lanes which was opposed by just about everyone. People here are not accustomed to toll roads and they hate them with a passion. I don't know the extent of his involvement but that was something else that happened on his watch. He didn't decide to retire, that decision was made for him.

Trump should stay out of endorsing candidates. It appears that he is building a kingdom not a presidency. 2024 will be interesting.

Last edited:
Since his Senate bid bombed, Pat McCrory has returned to WBT radio joining Beth Troutman and Bo Thompson for the last hour of the morning show on Wednesdays. And he is now an official NBC News contributor on Meet the Press and other NBC News programs.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom