• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

PART 15 AM RADIO UPDATE

C

carlvanorden

As usual, excuse the squeezed together sentences due to webtv's inabilities.1. I'm looking for information from any part 15 operators regarding their operation for our new newsletter. Pictures, and text are welcome, if you would like to contribute.2. Programming ideas are popular on here; there are any number of people who provide free programming, if you post that you are interested in something like that.3. Posters who continue to post information regarding the operations of part 15 broadcasting are very popular; the board has been quiet lately, but you would be surprised at the amount of people who write ME asking for specific information. If you have something to share, even if it has been posted before, please post it. It is most helpful.4:ERRORS I CONTINUE TO FIND:1. Part 15 broadcasting is not difficult, but it is technical. For instance, in our "organization" we have a kit builder, two builders of them, and a coil/antenna builder (me).It is not an organization per se, it just happened that way. But we each do our own thing, which contributes to a product. Since we each professionally build our own parts, I am amazed at the email I get pertaining to different parts; mostly emails asking for opinions or advice;.....Q>>>"I built my coil with x wire to save money." A>>Wrong; you will spend more money buying the right wire and doing it all over again....Q>>>"I built my antenna by attaching a 60 buck CB antenna." A>>>Cool, but wrong.Why is this guy wasting his money?..Q: "I can built the antenna but I wish to order a coil..I built the antenna by"......UGH!..the answer is his antenna wouldn't work no matter what kind of coil I built....Q>>>"the coil doesn't work; I attached the wire directly to the coil"....A>>>what????Men don't like to read directions but if you have never done part 15 radio before, it is a very good idea to read them and understand them.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I started an antenna/coil building business in the middle of February, and I would love to thank Radio Info for all the help I've been given in sharing this information...not only to posters but to people who have part 15 websites. The business is actually doing well, sometimes it is TOO busy!I really don't mind if people email me asking for information even if I don't get a sale, but the big point is that most of these people end up emailing me that what they built doesn't work.Somehow I feel it is my fault; the only way it is my fault is if I sell you a broken product...truthfully, that happened to one of my first customers; the product was destroyed (CRUSHED!!) during shipping and I replaced it gladly.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~This is getting kind of long but I wanted to say that it is OK to ask for information, but use it properly. Ask the right questions and you won't have issues.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I welcome your questions about the coils I build (and the antennas, and GROUND SYSTEMS) for part 15 kits, most of which it is compatible. http://antenna18431.tripod.com/antenna.htmor email me at [email protected]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~If you are interested in the rangemaster (a very good product), I recommend you email WC Walker, who posted just below, and there you will find his email address.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~We've been pretty quiet lately about part 15 am radio, and it is time again to get some excitement up about it.It is nearly summer and we can get a lot of LPAM stations up now..and get some listeners and advertisers too!Carl<P ID="signature">______________
[email protected], [email protected],[email protected]</P>

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom