• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Part 15 All Sports Stations?

Radiofan101

Inactive
Inactive User
Yes, I've heard of the one in Flagstaff. But are they are any other Part 15 Stations that are All Sports?

I'm asking because I'm interested in starting one. I want to know what type of programming people have used for Sports in a Part 15 Station.

It will be interesting to see what kind of responses you get.

It would be a rather ambitious undertaking..... I think. Filling the time with sports would appear to be more expensive than filling the time with music from an automation machine... and since Part 15 stations usually serve a very small geography, which translates into a very small revenue area, it will take a lot of imagination and skill.

I would offer this concept: Maybe you could team up with a number of other people around the country who want to do the same thing. Each of you could originate your own take on sports commentary, and they via the Internet and FTP you could organize "a pitch in dinner" in which each participant provides maybe one hour a day and everybody in the "pitch-in" ends up with a days worth of content.

The Tribune-Review newspaper here in Pittsburgh is running an online-only sports talk station.
It has been pretty much of a flop, despite having some fairly well-known local hosts onboard.
Extending a feed to Part 15 stations would appear to be a logical next step if they want this to work.

Hey Freddy

Perhaps part of the reason that the Tribune-Review's internet sports radio isn't working is because it has to compete with WBGG and WJST which are two 24/7 sports stations in the Pittsburgh market.

I was suggesting that a 24/7 Sports Part 15 station would work in a market where there is not currently a 24/7 Sports Station.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom