• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Pandora Plans $100 Million IPO

Good for them! They have worked very hard to get there but I wouldn't go near it if you loaned me a dollar. Internet royalties will prevent them from ever making money unless they can sell advertising at such a huge premium advertisers can't afford it and it will be so ubiquitious that it will drive listeners away. Look for them to start charging for premium services it they aren't already doing so...who ever heard of paying for radio?

The best thing about internet radio is that in penetrates the build shell better then AM or FM...can't beat that!

The only people that are going to make any money on the IPO are the senior executives with gobs of stock, friends and family and the venture vultures. I've been there and done that...then after the IPO or better yet, during the quiet period, they start laying off all the entrepreneurs that built the giant and hire the bean counters to manage the budgets. Sound familiar?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom