• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Pan Am

My thoughts... The format is already starting to take off since the introduction of "Mad Men." Also, due to the current economic climate, many baby boomers may reminisce of a simpler, perhaps better economic times for some albeit it in music or other things from the 50's and 60's. Yes I believe Pan Am may have some effect that may prompt folks to download from I-Tunes, etc. Some of these songs may be "forgotten oldies" for many folks... Also I have heard in some radio markets it's a hard sell unless you have other programs to go along with it. Overall, I like the music, it's timeless and never gets stale...

Interesting. Pan Am seems to have taken off, while NBC has foreclosed on The Playboy Club. Perhaps Pan Am may be seen as more of the Mad Men variety of pushing the envelope, while Playboy Club was unable to overcome p.r. problems, starting with the refusal of the NBC affiliate in Salt Lake City to carry the show.

Merely an observation. Take it for whatever it is worth.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom