• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Paco Lopez Joins The Z

Former Sunny 105.9 midday guy Paco Lopez joins Z 88.3 for nights, 6 to 10pm. Night guy Dan moves to middays, 10am to 2pm. Former midday gal Denise left as her husband relocated for a job to Houston and someone else has been filling in.

They always say whether you like them or not, in order to stay and thrive in radio, you have to learn multiple formats.

Grace V also made her way there for a while after getting let go at Sunny.

I miss the 1059 of 10 years ago. Rick Stacy did a fantastic job building that station, but his morning show has always been the weakest link, IMO. Now that it's essentially a low budget Newsmax with a Duran Duran soundtrack it's absolutely jarring on the format. Domino sounds tired. Nights and weekends are just jukeboxed now.

Grace V also made her way there for a while after getting let go at Sunny.

I miss the 1059 of 10 years ago. Rick Stacy did a fantastic job building that station, but his morning show has always been the weakest link, IMO. Now that it's essentially a low budget Newsmax with a Duran Duran soundtrack it's absolutely jarring on the format. Domino sounds tired. Nights and weekends are just jukeboxed now.
Grace is who has being doing interim middays

I definitely agree with this. Sunny FM in the early-mid 2000s was a station I liked to seek out - now it's more of a cookie-cutter corporate Classic Hits outside of mornings. And I liked Rick on-air when he was an energetic and humorous weekend/fill-in DJ at WCBS-FM - not now as a political morning talk show host.

But if the current formula works for them from a ratings/billing perspective, then who am I to complain?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom