• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Omnia 11 first impressions

satech said:
It does seem a bit ironic that if Omnia's market share is as big as they claim it is, then the product should be able to sell itself, without a million-dollar marketing budget...

That's a pretty ignorant statement. You could say the same thing about BMW, or Coca-Cola, or Doritos. Those are pretty big brands, and yet they keep pouring money into advertising. Wonder why that is? If BMW really is the "ultimate driving machine," then the product should be able to sell itself, without a million-dollar (and more) marketing budget... See how silly that sounds?

You seem to be implying that without advertising, Omnia would be a failure. That's just dumb. Advertising is necessary for any product (like radio stations, for example). If the product is good, it turns people on to that. But if the product is bad, no amount of ad budget can save it. Marketers do get full of themselves, sometimes, though (as do engineers)!

-- Doc

stace said:
I had a read of the new Omnia 11 manual. I think all the crap in the front of those is cringe material. Who wants to hear the creator brag about how amazing their own product is? "We chuckle when we see our technical developments show up on the spec sheet of other guys products". The ability to sync bands together. I wonder if anyone else chuckled at this? There's pride in your work then there's arrogance.

Great processors, just need new a control to reduce gain to the self importance

That synchronization feature is not what he was referring to. Actually, I created that, along with all of the dynamics sections. What Frank is proud of is all of us who worked on the processor. Frank was by far not the lone developer of the Omnia.11. Much of what is in there is a 50/50 balance of the the work of both Frank and I, along with the tireless work of Rob Dye to tie it all together, and in many cases, make what we've developed work even better.

A lot of hard work in hardware and GUI from Bill and Ed. This product is truly a team effort. More so with the 11 than ANY Omnia processor before.

The focus is so sharply focused on shooting arrows at Frank that everyone seems to be missing the evolution happening at Omnia...and it's all happening right under everyone's noses. So close many aren't able to see it. Or maybe they do, and are scared, so they're trying to obscure it all with noise.

Pretty funny to watch.

Omnia is now a team of people who love audio processing, and are working together to create new and exciting products.

As for the multiband sync:
Read a little closer on what the sync feature does. It is NOT a rehash of the all to well known band coupling done everywhere else. In any case, this tech is NOT what Frank was referring to in his letter.

-C

There is absolutely nothing wrong with honking your horn a little when you can take pride in your work.

Mild boasting IS appropriate in marketing literature.

Noting that others seem to be playing "catch up" with your efforts is, to me, more palatable than saying
something like " The ultimate driving machine", which brings out my contrarian side, and turns me against
a product which WOULD use such a phrase.

Tom Wells said:
Noting that others seem to be playing "catch up" with your efforts is, to me, more palatable than saying something like "The ultimate driving machine", which brings out my contrarian side, and turns me against a product which WOULD use such a phrase.
When you get your first BMW, PM me and I'll give you my address so you can send it to me. ;D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom