• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

oldies but not on AM or FM

I don't know if this belongs here, but last night cruising the SW band, I picked up a strong signal on 60M 4980 khz playing oldies from the 50s and 60s, many were "oh wow" cuts, the jock was high energy top 40, taking requests and talking like it was AM radio in the 1960s, sounded great if anyone remembered the good old days. Problem is, I never got the calls, location or any other info. It was really good stuff, of course this morning it was gone, anyone know what that signal was. It was a great catch to hear the music that is missing today on a regular radio, without depending on the net. Hope its on again tonight.

4980 in WRTH 2022 is The Overcomer Ministry with 100 kw in the USA.

This is Brother Stair. Beware.
The late Brother Stair is still around, but no longer on 4980. WRMI Legends, which is the successor/replacement for WTWW's oldies programming, airs on the following frequencies, effective 1/3/2023 (all frequencies in kHz, and all times UTC):

4980: 2300-0500
7730: 0400-0500
9455: 0200-0300

where is their transmitter located, I wonder if there is a street view like you can check out on RL for AM and FM locations.
A search on Google Maps for "WRMI International" will provide the exact location.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom