• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

October PPMs

Another month gone by with some movement here and there.
-WMMR lands at #1 but down almost a point.
-Strong WIP month with the Phillies and Eagles. Add in the stream share, and WIP would be #1 overall.
-WBEN with a strong vanity number showing.
-WUMR plateauing?
-WRFF slipping back down.
-WPEN barely moving with all the sports happening.
-WRNB inching back up now that they're focused on R&B
-WTDY still just... there.
-WDAS-AM, even with Union play by play... barely registering.

Other thoughts?

WMMR lands at #1 but down almost a point.
-Strong WIP month with the Phillies and Eagles. Add in the stream share, and WIP would be #1 overall.
I’m thinking WMMR (and possibly WIOQ) were especially hurt by WIP’s increase. Unless total audience increased people switched to WIP because of Phillies and Eagles. I’d be curious to know what their ratings are for the game broadcasts.

Doubt it, as it apparently bills pretty well despite it's fairly meager vanity numbers.
they have the most expensive format to run, they will never ever come even close to WIP, and if the Phillies, Eagles and Union were in the cellar, they would barely crack a 1.0, which would be concerning no matter what they bill, advertisers do look at numbers. There are many cheap formats out there to bring to the table that would acquire much better ratings and cost alot less to run.

they have the most expensive format to run, they will never ever come even close to WIP, and if the Phillies, Eagles and Union were in the cellar, they would barely crack a 1.0, which would be concerning no matter what they bill, advertisers do look at numbers. There are many cheap formats out there to bring to the table that would acquire much better ratings and cost alot less to run.
I never say never, but I still highly doubt it will be flipped anytime soon. They have the broadcast rights to the Flyers and Sixers, they've revamped their lineup, again... they bill pretty well, and can also be sold as a package deal targeting males with WMMR and WMGK (and possibly WBEN too).

It fits the cluster fine and is making the company money. No need to blow up that revenue stream to try to be 2nd place in a different format.

...they bill pretty well, and can also be sold as a package deal targeting males with WMMR and WMGK (and possibly WBEN too).
👆🏻 👆🏻 👆🏻 👆🏻 👆🏻

It fits the cluster fine and is making the company money. No need to blow up that revenue stream to try to be 2nd place in a different format.
👆🏻 👆🏻 👆🏻 👆🏻 👆🏻

I expect WMGK,WXTU and WIOQ to rise now since the Phillies lost
The Phillies losing the World Series has no change on upcoming ratings. The MLB season was expected to complete between 11/2-11/6 with or without the Phillies involvement. Ratings for 97.5 and 94.1 should increase due the Phillies longer season and the Eagles winning streak. Most sport fans who listen to sports radio will continue to listen to sports radio and will listen more when their team is doing well. Sports fans who don't regularly listen to sports radio will listen while their teams are doing well, and drop off when the season or winning streak ends.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom