• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Obit: Himan Brown

I had the pleasure of working with Himan Brown when in the mid-90's, as President /Programming for Westwood One, I was given responsiblity for all of the CBS Radio Network programming, except for News. CBS at that time repackaged and distributed Brown's CBS Mystery Theater. I really enjoyed listening to the shows each week in my car while driving to work to approve them. Brown would come in to our studios and rerecord the openings orginally performed by E. G. Marshall. I have great memories of his stories about the early days of radio, when some of the biggest network shows were done on a shoestring budget. Although he remained frugal, he was bothered by the many older programs distributed without payments to those who created them, and told me that he would hand write checks each week to everyone due royalties from Mystery Theater.

As a fan of the CBS Radio Mystery Theater, I really enjoyed the work of Himan Brown and wish it were still available on radio to hear. I had the opportunity to hear some of those other old time radio drama's he also did in his younger years. He was a master of the genre. Thanks for providing his obit from the NY Times.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom