• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

NRG in SD

lurkerjock

Inactive
Inactive User
Does anyone know what's going on with NRG? They seem to be slowly selling off everything......It seems their leadership talks a good game but they sure don't show much for results. Any insight from the inside?

I work for another NRG company, but have no idea why they are selling radio stations. They did make a nice purchase in Lincoln Neb, a top 175 market. I will make an educated guess that a "BIG" sale will be coming soon with a branch of the company.

Mary Quass reminds me of a professional college student. Always talk a good game but have never put it to practice. She has now history of success. Only success was selling Daddy's station and falling into a nice contract. And, Chuck DeCoty has NO GROUP experience, just a one station wonder. What is Waitt thinking....? No clue as to how to lead a group to success. How about that farm network......? Great people, and they simply sold it off to shut it down. What a shame.

I'm not sure the Kansas stations should count against Quass. No one has ever really been able to make them work, and purchasing them wasn't her idea. She inherited them when she merged her group with Waitt. I worked for someone who had previously worked for her at KHAK, and he said she was the sharpest person he'd ever worked for. Of course, he was not only a total jerk but also totally incompetent. He lasted 10 weeks at my former employer!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom