• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Noticed the River lately??

The River is actually listenable for more than 2 songs at time now. They revamped their playlist playing Nirvana, STP, Metallica, Motley Crue among others. Don't know when they did this but I like it. Still playing the Classics (no Elton, Billy Joel, Fleetwood Mac) basically no more soft stuff.

Late last night, whoever the admin is on the "Bring Back 96rock Raleigh" Facebook page said that they heard Even Flow from Pearl Jam, guess it was around 11pm or so. YES.com hasn't worked for 100.7 in months, plus the playlist on RiverRaleigh.com has been stuck for at least a few days.

Well, many "Lite" stations across the country play the hard rock anthem "More Than A Feeling" from Boston, and you don't see them switch their positioning...

The River sounds horrible now. The music isn't consistent. Down east, WSFL is a much better classic rocker.

More than likely this is an answer to Radio 96 who comes off a great book after changing.

I think Kitty is live in the mornings, Brian Taylor could be too, although it may be tracked, seeing as he's also a news anchor over at Rush (as far as I know he still is, I don't listen to Rush Radio at all, just heard him once on there)

Kitty is live but I don't think anyone else is. Mike Perry is not even in the Triangle, he's imported via VT.

They're def voicetracked at night. Last week they preannounced "the second of two from The Cars" before they played the second song by another group and a set of commercials, and then the first song by The Cars. After the first song by The Cars they played some kind of liner, then they got caught up with that original preannouncement. :D

Stuff happens always good to double & maybe triple check your work..When that happens it sounds like crap though..

"The River" must be trying to copycat the old WRDU, and since they are owned by the same people, maybe they should move 100.7 to 106.1, and take "Rush Radio" and go to 100.7, and flip the calls too.

tothedj said:
"The River" must be trying to copycat the old WRDU, and since they are owned by the same people, maybe they should move 100.7 to 106.1, and take "Rush Radio" and go to 100.7, and flip the calls too.

This is what I've been saying all along.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom