• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Non Commercial News Sources?

jdemaster

Inactive
Inactive User
I know I can't be the only Christian AC/inspo format that runs news... Other than Salem Radio Network News, anyone have any ideas for a short-form news update we can run during the day/afternoon? Something along the lines of Metro News, etc but for non comm's?

jdemaster said:
I know I can't be the only Christian AC/inspo format that runs news... Other than Salem Radio Network News, anyone have any ideas for a short-form news update we can run during the day/afternoon? Something along the lines of Metro News, etc but for non comm's?
I have a question. I listen to a pop standards radio station that is owned by a company whose other stations are Christian or Mexican. Recently they added Salem Radio Network News at the top of the hour and fired the morning DJ, replacing him with a talk show. So is Salem Radio Network a Christian news organization? I know the station I listen to used to be Christian but a couple of stations changed leaving the area without Frank Sinatra or Benny Goodman, so the company sacrificed the Christian listeners on the south end of the area to bring that good music back. I guess my concern is that with cost-cutting taking place, the station will go Christian again. I dont think the station played music, but if it did it was Southern gospel or something conservative. Anyway, I'd prefer secular.

In general, I'd say Salem is Christian. They feed a lot of ministry programs and three 24 hour music format networks (one CCM, one praise, one Southern Gospel) over the primary combined Christian satellite service on AMC-3. They also feed two networks of conservative talk on ABC Radio/Citadel's platform on AMC-8/Starguide. Most of the talk programs they carry would be of interest to a non-Christian audience, although the programs they distribute are Christian at their roots.

justalurker said:
In general, I'd say Salem is Christian. They feed a lot of ministry programs and three 24 hour music format networks (one CCM, one praise, one Southern Gospel) over the primary combined Christian satellite service on AMC-3. They also feed two networks of conservative talk on ABC Radio/Citadel's platform on AMC-8/Starguide. Most of the talk programs they carry would be of interest to a non-Christian audience, although the programs they distribute are Christian at their roots.
Well, it would still be bad news. This music is GOOD. I'd hate to lose it.

When the station was running a talk show yesterday, I tried BBN for Christmas music. I'm more open to Christian music--especially their kind--this time of year, but they had some talk program.

A few years back they went all-music at Christmas and that was nice. Another station has secular music during the day on weekdays but they keep interrupting for bible verses and brief Christian-oriented talk segments. That station's main problem was the Spanish station that keeps messing up their signal.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom