• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Nobody Home at KGTK 920

Pushbutton phones were standard Bell System issue before the Bell System was split up. So probably more than half of those South King phones would have been modern technology. And if they were built by Western Electric (who had a plant or distribution center in Kent) they were still built like tanks.
We had Touch-Tone service in the late 1960s thanks to a relative at the phone company who got us hooked up. I remember there was a song book for use with the touchtone phone. The authors took no responsibility for any long-distance charges incurred.

Well, earlier this a.m. after getting back inside from a cold, rainy bike ride, I tuned around the AM band looking for non-existent college football games and I noticed some talk on 920 on my clock radio in the kitchen. Went to the other room and switched on my PR-D5 and voila! It's the "Beer Guys" show on KGTK. About S3 or so right now, and they even have some spots. Simulcasting KITZ 1400. They're talking about dark lagers.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom