• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Nobody asked me but...

What a sad, sad downfall for what was once the greatest Oldies station in America (sorry WCBS).

I could not agree more. I don't know what's more depressing - hearing so many OLDIES on 93.3, or hearing 94.5 trying to sound hip by adding stuff like Violent Femmes into regular rotation.

Why do we need a half-dozen stations playing 90's music? 94.5 used to be the gold standard in this town. My, how they've fallen.

94.5 used to be the gold standard in this town. My, how they've fallen.

"Fallen" is a subjective judgement. They've changed. They're not playing the exact same 50 year old songs they once played They're moving the ball forward, and taking in some new fans, who maybe never thought they'd listen to a station they perceived as their father's radio station. But that's what happens when time marches on. One day, you wake up, look in the mirror, and you've become your dad. How do you think THEY feel? Just be thankful that you have a station that's still willing to play those 50 year old songs and not charge you for it.

MABA

Make America BANG 545 Again.

YIKES!!

One day, you wake up, look in the mirror, and you've become your dad.

Not exactly. If I look in the mirror I am wondering who that old fart looking back at me is. My side of the mirror is still 17 years old (well, except for a bit of blurry vision and that back thing so I can't bend over to tie my shoes). :rolleyes:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom